Friday 22 October 2010

Ya Meana Patina Challenge

The latest challenge from Metal Clay Today is entitled
Ya Meana Patina.

The challenge was to create a piece with no naked metal, the surface having a patina of some kind. This is the piece I made especially for it. I have called it Radiance. It has pale blue turquoise and green turquoise enamels with a patina created using Liver of Sulphur XL Gel. I am just loving this XL gel (available in my eBay shop!). I am getting great colours with it straight out of the bottle.

So pop over to Metal Clay Today and place your vote for the piece you like best in the Challenge. There are some wonderful entries. If you are not already signed up for Metal Clay Today which is a free online magazine do so while you are there. You only have to enter your email address.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Joy - I love your piece, and voted for it in the contest.Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the piece - love how the colors blend well together! I also like the spiral in the middle of the pendant and the "sunbrust" radiating out of the spiral!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely stunning! Have voted for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations!!
    I just saw the winners list and you are among them.
    Well done and keep it up!!
    By the way this piece really is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails