Wednesday 2 May 2012

Riveted Pendants


I have been having fun making a new range of jewellery. These pendants are all wood discs with metal riveted into the centre of each one. The one above and the one below are made using Bronze Clay and I used a texture stamp that is exclusive to Metal Clay Today. You can get your stamp if you take out a subscription for the magazine (which is a great online magazine by the way!).

The pendant above is called Sea Squidget and the one below is Ammonitus.


The next four are all made with fine silver, using Art Clay Silver. These are my Four a Month for April (OK so I am still just a tad behind). I treated the wooden discs with various colour wood dyes to compliment each item.

The one below is called Green Garden Bird.


This one is May Day Green. Talking of May Day I am doing a craft fair in the Old Town of Hastings this coming Sunday from 10am - 3pm. It is at the East Hastings Angling Club which is opposite the Lifeboat Station. Hastings will be very busy as on Monday it is our annual Jack in the Green Festival and there are always lots of Morris Dancers in town all weekend. Do come along and say hi if you are around.  


This pendant I called Midnight Flower and it has a lab sapphire in the centre and blue enamel.


Finally I called this one New Beginning. I think it is my favourite as I love the red marbled effect I managed to get :)


So where is April Bird a Month? I am working on it right now and I will post it soon ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails