Sunday 17 July 2011

Bird a Week 27/52 - Born in the USA


I have just returned from 10 days in Chicago teaching and presenting at the Metal Clay World Conference. I had a wonderful time, but more on that soon.... :)

I am now a couple of weeks behind on the Bird a Week Challenge but I did manage to make one bird while I was over there. It was an obvious choice really, it had to be an eagle, and so was the name for it - Born in the USA.  It is hand sculpted using Art Clay Silver to make a fine silver pendant. It has a bail on the back.

So now I just need to make two more birds this week to be back up to date...

Will not be doing that today though, I just want to sleep. I have been up nearly 36 hours now, I never manage to sleep on planes :(,  but I want to hold out for a few more hours yet to try to adjust back to UK time.

More tomorrow ;-) 

4 comments:

  1. wow! what a beauty:) looking forward to your adventures in the USA!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Joy I just found your blog, I have only just started using metal clay...I love it. Your birds you have been making are quite stunning, lovely work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it.You've so captured the eagle. Glad you had a great time.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails