Saturday 2 July 2011

Bird a Week 26/52 - The Blackbird


Halfway through the challenge already! Amazing - where does the time go.

This week's bird is a rather large lentil bead I made. It measure 30mm across. I usually use this size for a single sided domed pendant but I made this while demoing during a workshop last week and then wanted to show how to make lentil beads so I ended up with this. It feels nice and chunky though :)

It is made of fine silver using Art Clay Silver and has wires added using me Enamelled Accents technique and then Keum Boo  and Liver of Sulphur patination.

The reverse has enamel and LOS patina.

I fly out to Chicago this Wednesday ready to teach a pre conference workshop on Monday 11th and give presentations during the Metal Clay World Conference itself. This may mean I get a bit behind on birds but don't worry, I will get back up to date upon my return!

If you email me and don't get a reply you'll know why, hubby and the cats are not so good at dealing with the incoming emails ;-)

I will try to blog from the conference but no promises :))



3 comments:

  1. Stunning...makes me want to sing "blackbird singing in the dead of night"...even though it's not a night scene - it just makes me want to sing. The bird is spectacular.
    Have a great time at the conference. Wish I could be there to see you. Hope you class goes well. Safe travels. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love blackbirds and this one is amazing! have a nice time in Chicago

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh a lovely one Joy. Love the enamelling on the back. Have fun in Chicago

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails