Thursday 2 July 2009

Oh Deer!


At the Craft Fair I did at Bewl water recently there was a fantastic stand by Leaf Trading. Helen (I do hope I have that right as I am useless at remembering names) works with antlers and all sorts of wonderful natural materials to make some lovely products. Do have a look at her website. We got chatting and I bought some antler tines (the pointy bits) and antler pedicles (the flattish bit at the other end) from her. I have made an Art Clay silver pendant from a mould of one of the tines and just hung it on a nice leather cord. I really like this as it heavy and simple. I have another piece in progress made from a mould with the pedicle but I am going to enamel that one first before you get to see it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails