Friday 1 November 2019

Ring a Month 2019 - October


This is my ring for the Ring a Month Challenge 2019
Sakura

The theme for October was
Inspired by the Seasons 

I decided to go with a Spring themed ring ๐Ÿ˜€ 

This month I was running it really close on time - I only started my ring on the 31st but I did manage to get some photos posted before the end of the day!! lol

First I made the topper for the ring. The lovely pink CZ pear shaped stones are 5mm x 3mm so quite tiny. 


As the ring has a Japanese feel to it I went with a weave pattern on my textured band that I thought looked like it went with it!! ๐Ÿ˜‰


Then I carved the band so it had wavy edges.


To add more colour and sparkle I added some 2mm stones, and then I carved the edges of the topper to match in with the ring band ๐Ÿ˜ƒ


To join the two pieces together I used a element made using the Roll Makers that I already had made. 


Finally I added a little more detail into the main blossom flower to bring the stones together more. 


Then the ring was ready to be fired!!!


I finished the ring off with more of a satin texture which I like the look of. It's not a finish that I use much but maybe I'll use it more now as I liked the effect it gave. 

One of the things I was interested to see was how the surface went during firing where the blossom was. It domed very slightly around the stones and gave a good effect.


I was very happy with how this ring turned out!!! ๐Ÿ˜€ 


I think there are some nice techniques in this ring that are handy to learn including how to set round and odd shaped stones, so I'll be teaching this workshop next year at Creative Glass in Rochester, UK, on Friday 7th February 2020. 

Bookings will be open next week for the workshop!! :D

That's ten rings down in the year long challenge and only two left to do!!

Until next time...

Have fun!!

Joy x


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails