Monday 3 October 2011

Bird a week 39/52 - Wot... No Fish?


Yay, now I am almost back up to date again. Today I made this fine silver brooch with enamel.

This one is back in the more humorous vein! I think it is also one of my favourites of the year so far. Living in a seaside town we see a LOT of seagulls!

We have a beach fishing fleet where the boats are launched off the beach and hauled back up again each day so there are always loads of gulls around the Old Town of Hastings. 

It is quite small measuring 24mm x 42mm.

Here is the Haiku
Sitting by the sea
Waiting for returning boats
Wot.. no fish today?





2 comments:

  1. Oh I just love this one. Will you be selling it? Please let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the seagull and the owl. It's great that you can include the lighter side of life in jewellery.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails